Friday 2 March 2012

A TRIP BACK IN TIME......

In 2009 I took a trip to France for two reasons:  the first one (and my original reason for going) was to visit a few of the towns/villages where my ancestors on my grandfather's side were born and lived out their lives.  The second reason came along after when my daughter discovered that I was planning this trip and we decided that a week in Paris would also be great fun....she met me there after I finished my ``journey into the past``....I took several hundred pictures of this trip, which til now have pretty much had a place on my computer.....now that I am so much more into scrapbooking mini albums, I decided to devote an album to this trip.....since my creativity definitely needs a jumpstart, I combined two of Laura's mini album patterns (followingthepapertrail.blogspot.com) and made a few alterations to better suit the pix that I planned on putting in the album....OMG....first was deciding which pix NOT to include!....that was difficult to say the least....then, before I could put any pix in I had to choose the right paper to co-ordinate with the theme of the pix....that was and is still another hurdle....I am slowly making my way though and have attached a couple of pix of some of the ``almost`` finished pages......WOOHOO.....and then there is still all the journalling to do......my ``journey into the past`` mini album is also turning out to be a ``journey`` in itself.....

First is the front, partially opened, and back of the envelope page.....
 

















 
 
next is the front and back of the paper bag page....  




















and lastly, the front, pullout and back of the cardstock page.....
 






No comments:

Post a Comment